Re: Arthur C. Clarke on Cold Fusion

I believe that it is nigh-impossible to change people's opinions regarding
"Cold Fusion," so I usually am not tempted to dive in and argue about it.
When any reversal of opinion requires the losing of face, then reversals
of opinion cannot occur in public. Therefor why even try? If "CF" is
eventually shown to be valid, then everyone will leap on the bandwagon,
but there will be no detailed investigations of the ones who spent years
ridiculing the topic. "Who, me? I was always a supporter!" It sure is
easy to be on the side that's winning? I hope that I myself, years from
now when CF is shown to be entirely bogus, will still have the stomach to
read all these old archive files and see what led me into my shameful
pro-CF beliefs. I probably won't though. I'm just as human as anyone.