Re: Fraudulent Laws

Merlin sighed:
. . .
Mr. Sciamanda, alas you recognized my gasp! Your comments sound
solipsistic
as well. "It is not a thing or a substantive quantity - it is an
abstract
human invention - it is not even
directly measurable, only calculable from other measurements." . . .

For a clarification of my "solipsism" I invite you to read:
http://www.velocity.net/~trebor/prelude.html

. . . As well, it sounds as if
you've hashed out MET (Mechanical Energy Theorem) before, I won't ask
you to
rehash, but could you reference?
. . . Merlin

"MET" refers to my re-naming of the "center of mass work-energy theorem",
and states:
The line integral of the net external force on a system calculated over
the
space trajectory of the system CM yields a scalar quantity (with sign)
which is numerically equal to the change in the quantity .5 M V^2,
calculated at the beginning and end of the trajectory (M is the total
mass of the system and V is the speed of the CM).
See the archives of Phys-L circa Nov. '97 for a lengthy discussion around
this theorem.

Welcome aboard, Merlin! May we know something of your background,
interests, etc?
-Bob

Bob Sciamanda
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (ret)