From: William Beaty [SMTP:billb@eskimo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 1998 9:22 AM
To: vortcor-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Don't you dare say "levitator!"

You have a new entry in your guestbook:
On your home page, as you scroll down and get to Some Maglev Links,
Under *NASA LARGE GAP levitator. Please note that the Term
Levitator is
TRADEMARKED by Superconductive Components Inc. Thank you. Bryan
Jeffries <bjeffries@SuperconductiveComp.com> Columbus , Oh USA -
Tuesday, June 30, 1998 at 23:06:12 (PDT)

Quite a reprehensible action of an out-of-control legal department,
wouldn't you say?

If you dare to tell your students that your superconductive
demonstration
is a "levitator", watch out, they might come after you! Next I
suppose
that Microsoft will warn us against using their trademarked term
"software", and Nike will try to make you put (tm) after all uses of
the
word "swoosh."

Anyone besides me want to send a complaint to these people?

Besides bjeffries@superconducitvecomp.com,
I find these addresses elsewhere:
sales@superconductivecomp.com, jrgaines@superconductivecomp.com

William J. Beaty SCIENCE HOBBYIST
website
billb@eskimo.com
www.eskimo.com/~billb
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits science projects, tesla, weird
science
Seattle, WA 206-781-3320 freenrg-L taoshum-L vortex-L
webhead-L