DISTANCE LEARNING

Regarding distance learning, Ludwig Kowalski wrote:

2) Some say that DL is for special students only (working adults, and
others who are not able to participate in regular class activities),
others believe it is "the way of the future" for a large majority of
college students.

8) I suggest we keep our eyes open on this important development and
share what we know (and think) about it.

I'm a distance-learning graduate student at the University of North Dakota.
We receive our lectures on video tape, and conduct weekly chat sessions with
instructor and classmates.

I think that DL is great! Not only does it allow you to work fulltime, but
you can take classes that normally would not be available in your area. When
I attended conventional classes, I was never able to interact with students
or staff like I can by using the Internet. My instructors will answer my
questions in a short time (no need to make appointments), and I can have
chat sessions with other students. This is great!

Harald Schenk
Sheboygan, WI
Class of 2000