Re: email question (was The HTML Experiment)

I know that the Netscape mail has a set up selection for leaving the mail on
the server. This allows you to read it at home and then go back to the
office and check it again. I'm not certain, but I suspect your e-mail sever
will have to be configured to allow you to do that.

As long as there's a discussion about email program choices...

Both Netscape email and Eudora seem to have one serious problem - but
perhaps there's a solution someone could tell me about.

I read my mail from both my office and my home. I am not always able to
read all my mail at a single sitting, and I often want to leave messages
sitting there so that I can reply later. I imagine that this is very
common.

Since these mailers both download all the email to local disk before
reading, I am left with two options:
1) Leave a copy of the emails on the central computer, and when I am done
reading go into another mailer on the central computer and delete the ones
I have just read... if I can remember which ones they were.
2) Don't leave a copy on the central computer, and have saved emails
stashed randomly about in computers that cannot reach one another.

Neither of these options is the least bit desirable. Is there a solution?

--
--James McLean
jmclean@chem.ucsd.edu

R. Allen Shotwell