Re: The HTML Experiment

Jim Green wrote:

At 12:30 PM 6/17/98 -0400, you wrote:
What about the mailer which comes with the Netscape communicator? What
about Eudora (not Eudora pro)? Are they as good as eudora pro, in terms
of what was described by Jim?
Ludwik Kowalski

Ludwik, _I_ don't know,but think that it might be time to reconsider the
general rule not to post html msgs to the list. As far as _I_ can tell no
one suffers any grief from my two html msgs (but then I can read anything
-- except Sanskrit (:-)) -- only one responder said there was even any
notice -- Pegasus asked which version he wanted -- he asked for html and
that is what he saw. Now maybe other mailers can't do this, but it would
seem that EP401 can -- ie send dual versions of the msg and the recipient
sees the one he can see clearly. Is there anyone who sees a garbled msg
from these posts?

Ludwik, maybe we should try a more extensive experiment. Maybe most of the
list don't even know what we are talking about. Please let us know.

Jim Green
JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen

Netscape mail can read HTML mail just fine. As far as sending goes, there are
various options. When you add a person to your address book, you can specify if
they can receive mail in html format. In the preferences for sending mail you
can dictate what will be sent if the recipient is NOT listed as html capable.
The options are to either force an html formatted message on the recipient,
convert to plain text, send plain text AND html, or ask on a per message basis.
Personally, I would just as well recieve my list-serve stuff in plain text.
Sending both can be cumbersome if the html version is real loaded with stuff.

--
Hans G. Ammitzboll physics@mindless.com
Drew University Physics Dept.