Re: POLARIZATION

Ludwik,
Have you looked up the definition of "factoid." Leigh's use of the
word is I believe correct. Unfortunately my thirty year old office
dictionary never heard of it, but if memory serves a factoid is "something
that seems like a fact or is unvarifiable" Is this the way we teach physics
- even the conceptual varity?

Gary

"Factoids", as Leigh calls them, are very important components of physics,
I think. What would be the purpose of "real conceptual physics" without
factoids? We learn some factoids, then we ask the "why" questions, we test
the validity of explanations, etc.
Gary Karshner

St. Mary's University
San Antonio, Texas