Re: Ice cream scoops

Do I understand correctly that it is *body heat* that ultimately
keeps the scoop above sticking temperature? The operator never
needs to dip the scoop in water to warm it up?

That's the idea. In my experience with them, the heat from the hand
holding it is transferred to the scoop via the sloshing liquid. If you
work in a soda fountain on a hot day, however, the system will probably
overload. Scoop after scoop with your hand getting cold will get the scoop
pretty cold. The water bath warms the scoop, washes off the last flavor,
and gives you someplace to put it between orders.

Charlie