Re: cooling water

Perhaps one reason that we used hot water to make ice cubes (back in the
50's) was that the ice cube trays were metal and the freezer compartment
usually had an inch (at least) of frost in it. The hot metal tray could be
slid into the ice cube compartment only by melting some frost. I now
realize that, because of this melting, the tray had better thermal contact
with the frost encrusted freezer coils.

Many old wives tales contain a grain of truth.

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936