Re: cooling water

Hugh Logan wrote:

Doug Craigen wrote:

brian whatcott wrote:

This is a hardy perennial.

etc.

A neighbour posed this question regarding ice cube formation:

"Very occasionally the cubes form small bumps or even quite long (>1
cm), thin projections from the surface of the ice cube toward the top
of the freezer. What causes these? Why don't I always see them?"

It seems to me that The Physics Teacher ran an article about three or
four years ago about this, but I can't find it.

My best guess involves frostless freezers, but I want to hear others.

Any thoughts?

Bob Purcell
Physics
South Colchester HS