RE: POLARIZATION

At 09:09 5/25/98 -0600, you wrote:
Speaking of polarization.... Does anyone out there have a "meaningful"
experiment, for the advanced undergraduate lab, on circular polarization?

Thanks.
Oren Quist
SDSU

I looked through a text looking for a particularly interesting
polarisation demonstration which could be transmogrified to UHF.

Nothing seemed to have a singular appeal, unfortunately.

I visualise a dipole placed 1/4 wave in front of another arranged
at rt angles.
If this circular polarization antenna transmits a beam, it will be better
received by a helical antenna of one 'handedness' than the other.

A receiving dipole would be equally sensitive in any orientation, until
one of the two transmitting elements is removed.

The dipole antenna could be replaced by a slot in a conductive surface, if
impedence matching details were attended to.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK