Re: Mac Computer help needed

Please call me or e-mail me directly (see adrs&# below). You have a very
valuable resource on your hands. The really neet think about a Mac-II is
that it is almost infinitely upgradable (and for relatively little money).

To start with, almost no one wants 100MB drives anymore (the min. size
that anyone will deal with is about 300MB) and so are usually willing to
give them away to schools as income tax deductions. And ALL external SCSI
drives will connect directly up to the back of your Mac-IIs. (I have
drivers that almost all companies will alow me to give away to public
schools because they are older (but perfectly suited to managment of
"small" hard drives.

Then you need to find out how much RAM memory is inside. The Mac-II can
address up to 64MB of memory in almost all cases. If it has the old PMMU
(Memory Management Unit) it can only address 8MB directly, but we have
software work-arounds for that problem which are part of all of the newer
Mac O/S's (v7.1 and later). Even if you only have 8MB of memory,
RAM-doubler can easily make that look like 24MB. Seems like a math error
doesn't it?

Anyway, there are a goodly number of things that one can do with these old
work-horses. Give me a call.