Re: Sabbatical replacement

Responding to Herb's surprise at salary scales:

I am a candidate (maybe) for a position at a school I won't mention (but
it's in NEw York) that expects ro hire someone, with Ph.D., at the
instructor level to teach 15 hours a week at a salary in the 30k's. It
is dubious whether I would take it if offered, but I have no doubt
they'll get a body of some sort. Supply and demand.

If I wanted to teach 15 hours a week, I can make 25k teaching adjunct
(at my rank) and have no other responsibilities.
Jerry Epstein