Re: south in the north

While I'm personally spared Marilyn (don't get Parade), she does speak from
a seat of authority (however ill-deserved it might be) and speaks on issues
of science and technology. She speaks to a wide audience and therefore her
errors ARE of some import to the state of scientific literacy in her covered
area. Lastly, we should be very concerned with Joe Sixpack since this is
the person who pays most of the bills for _our_ science programs--both
research and education.

There is some merit to what Rick says here, but I don't see why
anyone who wishes to complain would would complain in this forum.
The proper place to complain is to the publishers of the
offending material, and in the letters to the editors columns
that the more literate of the Sixpacks might see. I would have
guessed before reading part of this discussion that no one who
was subscribed to this group would not know the answer to the
question about Earth's polarity.

(I must also admit that I have never seen Marilyn's column. My
prejudice regarding it is gained solely from things that have
been reported to me by others.)

Leigh

How many Poles does it take to screw up an egotistical columnist?