RE: NS reversals

Does anybody if there has been any attempts to correlate the reversing
events, when there must be a period of "randomized" field, with speciation?
I suspect that the time scales may be grossly different, just curious.

When the earth's field is most randomized, we can expect much increased
genetic mutation caused by the unshielded charged particle radiation from
the sun. The van Allen radiation belts will disappear etc.

Joel Rauber