Re: magnet falling down tube

Guess how far up the incline the SC goes? Is it the same at each end
regardless of the angle of the incline?

Sam

Sam Sampere
Syracuse University
Department of Physics
Syracuse (Where all the snow is NOT..), NY 13244

On Mon, 4 May 1998, Wolfgang Rueckner wrote:

Here's an interesting demo I've been doing for years that relates to all
this stuff. Get a strip of flexible magnet and curl the ends up. Take a
chunk of YBCO and cool it. Place the YBCO on the curled up end of the
magnet and let it go. Not only is this a good mag-lev train demo, but
it's an excellent conservation of energy demo.

I'm probably not seeing something obvious, but could you please elaborate
how it's an excellent conservation of energy demo? Wolfgang