Re: magnet falling down tube

Here's an interesting demo I've been doing for years that relates to all
this stuff. Get a strip of flexible magnet and curl the ends up. Take a
chunk of YBCO and cool it. Place the YBCO on the curled up end of the
magnet and let it go. Not only is this a good mag-lev train demo, but
it's an excellent conservation of energy demo.

Later,

Sam

Sam Sampere
Syracuse University
Department of Physics
Syracuse (Where all the snow is NOT..), NY 13244