Re: centrifugal force

The properties of the non-inertial forces are best described as properties
of the non-inertial frame, rather than the objects or the "agents" of the
force.

I take this to be an inadvertent error. The unnecessary concept
of agency does not seem to have any clarifying value. If this
statement should read:

The properties of inertial forces are best described as properties
of the non-inertial frame, rather than the objects or the "agents"
of the force.

then I agree with it. I will note that the gravitational force
is one of those inertial forces in this description.

Some one (I've lost the reference) implied that Earth's surface
is an inertial frame of reference. Let's agree that it is *not*
an inertial frame before we go farther. Does anyone disagree?

Leigh