Re: centrifugal force

Gang:
I guess I really don't want to open this whole can of
worms again, but I can't resist pointing out that one can
understand the forces on the turbofan from an aircraft
engine without any centrifugal forces. If fact, for me it
is easier. All you need is the internal force in the
blades necessary to keep them turning (accelerating) rather
than having them fly off in a straight line. This is a
real force generated by the metal out of which the blades
are made. WBN
Barlow Newbolt
Department of Physics and Engineering
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
Telephone and Phone Mail: 540-463-8881
Fax: 540-463-8884
e-mail: NewboltW@madison.acad.wlu.edu

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future."

Neils Bohr