Re: centrifugal force

A friend frowarded this question to me from a 1996 IB Physics exam. I am
unsure how to reply to c.

Any quick insights. I have some thoughts but would rather not risk the
flames ;-). or prejudice your replies.

In an ideal transformer the input is 12V 24W when connected to a
load and it has 100 turns. The output is 240V. Determine:
a) the number of secondary turns -
b) value of current in the secondary coil -
c) power in the primary when the output is not connected to any
resistance -

My Answers for the transformer ? I'm troubled with (c) question.

a) 2000 turns
b) 0.1 A
c)

Ken Fox