Re: Science Fair

At 15:18 4/22/98 -0500, I wrote:
At 12:31 4/22/98 -0600, you wrote:
(Sorry I misfired a note...)

Children learn to be adults by play acting. So perhaps its not all bad for
elementary kids to be play acting at science. This comment is obviously age
level dependant.

Joel

I've been reading some rather strange things.
For people who need to practise kinesthetic skills - golf, acrobatics,
diving etc., a current coaching suggestion is to visualize a perfect
performance, in sequential detail (apparently).

And now, I hear that as an alternative to that healthful 20 minute walk
we should all be taking more of, researchers are noting favorable
physiological markers associated with such exercise, simply by having
subjects visualize it in their minds' eye.

(These enticing tidbits are not from the refereed press, I hasten to add...)

I now want you to relax - completely.
You are at a lab bench.
The decisive test of your new theory is ready to run.
You are hoping that it confirms your wildly original
research initiative.

You set up the loggers. You initiate the test sequence.
You transfer the datastream to the computational analysis.

And YES! It's a Nobel, for sure....
You are generous in victory - you acknowledge the shoulders on which you
have stood.
In a quiet moment, to the puzzlement of your admiring family and co
workers, you write out a check for $5000 and send it to me.

Whatcott Altus OK