From: Bob Sciamanda <trebor@velocity.net>
To: PHYS-L <phys-l@atlantis.uwf.edu>
Date: Sunday, April 12, 1998 3:26 AM
Subject: Free ray tracing program

I have written a ray tracing program (using Visual Basic) and am making
it available via ftp as shareware.
It uses Snell's law (with no approximations) to trace meridional rays
through up to twelve spherical refraction interfaces. A scale drawing
of
the rays and surfaces is generated, along with numerical results. Great
for classroom lens demos. (No, it will not handle mirrors - yet.) Go to
ftp://ftp.velocity.net/usr/trebor , or use link at
http://www.velocity.net/~trebor , and download folders DISK_1 and DISK_2
under the directory SnellTrace.
Download files to two 1.4MB setup disks. RUN "setup.exe" on DISK_1 and
follow instructions to install "SnellTrace.exe" on your hard drive.
Then
RUN "SnellTrace.exe" under Windows. I would appreciate comments,
especially any problems or bugs.

-Bob N.B: My "edinboro.edu" address will soon be dead. Please use
only trebor@velocity.net .

Bob Sciamanda
Dept of Physics trebor@velocity.net
Edinboro Univ of PA