Re: Free body diagram

I fail Acompanying text:to see the following free body diagram. The
Physics Teacher Vol. 31, Feb. 1993 ; diagram #27. Accompanying text:
Small stone resting against the frictionless inside wall of a cone
rotating about its vertical axis at constant speed. Not accelerating
vertically. Moving straight out of the paper. For those of you who
cannot access the article, the cone's apex is down. My question: Does
it matter wether it is the cone or the stone that is rotating? Please
help with the FBD.

Rotation of a circular cone is irrelevant if it is hypothetically
frictionless and rotating about is symmetry axis. Forces exerted
on the stone will depend upon many geometrical factors as well as
on its rotational speed, but it is interesting to note that the
component of the stone's angular momentum parallel to the cone's
axis is an invariant of the motion.

I'm sorry, I can't get to that Physics Teacher just now.

Leigh