RE: Filament resistance numbers

.... These materials are now deliberately added to the tungsten
oxide in quantities of the order of 1/2%, the greater part of which
evaporates during further processing....

Tungsten oxide? Something important has been left out.

This is a great group. I too have often wondered about this topic and
have even made some attempt to answer the question in our library. I
failed. I think that this discussion is getting dangerously close to
answering my long-standing question.

Leigh