Re: Filament resistance, Color temperature

On Wed, 08 Apr 1998 13:08:13 -0400 Vern Lindberg said:

My "Physics Vade Mecum" Chromaticity diagram has a fluorescent lamp with an
equivalent temperature of 4800 K. I can't quickly find a color temperature
for incandescent.

I wonder how they arrive at an equivalent temperature of 4800 K for a discrete
spectra. Is it done with some kind of weighted average? Anybody know what
the transmission characteristics are for the fluorescent correcton filters
sold in camera stores. (They are not the light blue you would expect for
shifting 4800 to daylight.) I guess they are a strong magenta to get rid of
the strong green line in the lights.