Re: particles book

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 16:28:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: Bob Muir <muirrob@hamlet.uncg.edu>
Subject: particles book

I have a student who wants to do an independent honors study project next
fall on particle physics. I haven't kept up with the books on this subject.
Does anyone know of a recent, good book at the Jr. level?

Cindie Schwarz wrote a workbook entitled "Particle zoo". She is on Phys-L.
If I remember correctly, the book is for non-scientists. But it is not an
"empty talk"; it defines many basic concepts and has useful examples of
numerical calculations. Probably a good starting point for your student.
Sorry I do not have the exact reference.