Re: Troubles with MAC OS 8.1

I have the same trouble with 8.1 on a 5260/100. Lots of crashes. I use
Norton to fix the directory but have to do it each time I turn it on.

To get rid of the message go to "Control Panels" under the Apple on the
menu bar. Then go to "General Controls". There is a check box to turn
off the warning message.

I have been running 8.1 at home for about two weeks and find that all it
is is cosmetic rather than anything signficantly better than 7.5.5. So,
like you, I'm going back to 7.5.5 with few crashes. You can get the
cosmetic effect by downloading "Kalidoscope" from a variety of places.
It give you an 8.1 look to your screen without the crashes.

Ray Rogoway
Independence High School
San Jose, CA

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep