From: LUDWIK KOWALSKI <KOWALSKIL@alpha.montclair.edu>

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 11:45:19 -0500
From: "Richard W. Tarara" <rtarara@SAINTMARYS.EDU>
Subject: Re: Test Test 3

... The e-mail world has simply passed by these 'ancient' systems. HTML
formatted messages (some with embedded animated .gifs) and file attachments
are becoming more and more prevalent. I abandoned our PINE software 2
years
ago, although many on our campus are still stuck with it.

I must stick to the common denominator, the ASCII only mail system, if I
do not want to eliminate those who are old and week. It was my
understanding
that new and strong systems can accomodate those who are not able to cope
with innovative technology. Is this correct? Somebody suggested it is
simply
a matter of not depending on automatic line wrapping. Right or wrong ?