Re: Recommended undergraduate quantum mechanics book?

Since we are in the topic of references, could you also recommend an
undergraduate book on statistical mechanics and thermodynamics? I am also
interested with finding a book suitable for beginning graduate level.

We use (big) Reif for the undergraduate course and have done so
for three decades. I think it is an excellent, clear text, made
even more so when on reading it I hear in my head Reif's refined
Austrian accent, something my students probably can't do.

I think Reif is hard to beat, I liked it as a student, but I have never
taught out of it. Another book, much in the same statistical spirit of
Reif, but less demanding than Reif is a red book by Stowe. Stowe is well
written, but the problems are not very challenging, many are the plug in
variety, many of the more meaty ones come with hints that turn them into
plug-ins. When I've taught out of Stowe, I supplemented my problem sets
with problems from Reif and from Kittel's book.

Joel