Re: Idiocosmology

At the bottom of that post there is something I find offensive:

"Every [person's] world picture is and always remains a construct
of [their] mind and cannot be proved to have any other existence."
--E. Schrodinger in Mind and Matter, 1958.

Erwin Schroedinger would have constructed this in a grammatically,
not politically, correct form. You do his memory a great disservice
in imputing to him this "inclusive language" crap that he certainly
never indulged in. Let his real words speak for him. Even if it is
in German I think most of us here could handle it. Shame on you!

Leigh

I'm sorry that you think that you are representative of the majority of the
people with whom I communicate. Anyone who understands the normal useage
of square brackets knows that these are NOT the words of the author. I'm
also sorry that you seem to have chosen to think that I use this quote in
this fashion just to be offensive to you. Neither of your assumptions
happens to be the case. I take no shame from this.

Is there anything *wrong* with quoting Schroedinger correctly? Are
you sure that you will offend the majority of prople with whom you
communicate if you do so? Is it your impression that Schroedinger's
ideas are yours to misrepresent?

When you append a person's name to something that person didn't say
you exceed the bounds of good scholarship and good taste. When you
do it when you are in possession of a knowledge of what was said it
is even worse.

Leigh