Re: Statistics or sadistics?

1. The error in the result of A-B should be sqrt(145+41), which is 13.6.

2. Using the well counted background, the expected background for one
minute is 35, but its uncertainty is sqrt(35) which is 5.9. (Since
the distribution is Poisson!) Thus the A-B result for one minute
would be 110 with an uncertainty of sqrt(145+35) which is 13.4.