Re: PARADE & Marilyn

I recall reading somewhere that G.D. Fahrenheit wrote to I. Newton describing
his calibration. His low point "0" was the lowest temperature he was able to
achieve with various mixtures, specifically a mixture of crushed ice and
"Spirits of Brandy" (ethyl alcohol). He chose human body temperature (measured
in his wife's armpit) as the upper end of the calibration and called it 96. He
was rather proud of his genius in selecting "96" because it was a number that
is evenly divisible by a rather large range of integers.
Jim Goff