Re: voltage

The point that "voltage" only is appropriate for MKS units seems the
strongest argument I have heard for not using it. Still, it isn't that
compelling to me. Electricity is the one place where the "man on the
street" actually uses the MKS system (at least in the US). EE's
use it. The only people who don't are theoretical physicists, and they
are usually smart enough to figure out the distinctions when they meet
them in upper level courses.

So maybe I'll use "voltage" and stop feeling guilty about it.

On a lighter note:
I have begun to wonder if "voltage" is not accomodation with the
enemies of our language!

Or should we say "enemies of our langu" ;)

--- Tim Folkerts

Timothy J. Folkerts Tim.Folkerts@valpo.edu
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy 219-464-6634
Valparaiso University
Valparaiso, IN 46383