Linux interest group

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Chuck Britton wrote:

Linux IS now available on Mac's, but like you say, it's a GREAT way to
shoot yourself in the foot if you're not a full blown unix jock!

At the risk of sounding defensive, I'd like to respectfully (and light
heartedly) disagree withChuck. Yes, the Linux/Unix learning curve is
steeper than that of the Mac. This complexity is offset by the
flexibility and power of the system. The average computer user with some
sense of adventure will be able to get a linux system running quite
quickly. The technical support available from the linux community on the
internet is unequaled anywhere. Give it a try
and take your piece out of the Redmond Wall.

I'm not really a Microsoft hater, but I saw a great email signature the
other day. It said, "In a world without fences, who needs Gates."

And now...back to the physics

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson "A little song, a little dance,
Henry Sibley High School a little seltzer down your pants."