Earth (dirt) Tides

This question seems to presuppose that Earth tides are "caused" by "tidal
bulges", they are NOT! As I recall, David Boiwman thinks that there are
"small" "tidal bulges" "underneath" the real tides, but I have not been able
to verify this. (David if you have citations, I would be grateful.) There
ARE "tidal FORCES" which bulge a la Newton, but the water does not bulge.

We all know that water sloshes. Whether it bulges or not, has been
discussed at great length in years past.

How about the bulges that occur in the continents themselves at the moon's
passing and anti-passing. Didn't these tides mess up some CERN experiment
recently??

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936