Re: MOUNTAIN DEW / Free fall?

So this is a Bernoulli problem, after all! smile, Karl

Dr. Karl I. Trappe Desk Phone: (512) 471-4152

Indeed, so it seems. As soon as I prematurely sent off my post I realized
a sign error in my thoughts at this point. Rather than the pressure
difference of the wind impeding the exit of the "Dew" from the can it seems
that a Bernoulli-esque venturi effect (along with the outgassing pressure
from the carbonation) would draw the "dew" out into the airstream at least
until the internal and external pressures equalized (at something less
than one atmosphere), at which point ordinary gravity would continue to
draw out the remainder of the dew to hit the fan (so to say) of the updraft.
So, I agree with the others who said that the dew would exit the can easily.

David Bowman
dbowman@gtc.georgetown.ky.us