Re: Favorite Test Questions/ Light bulb ohmicity

Barlow Newbolt being, understandably, impatient with the light bulb
ohmicity discussion wrote:
. . .
Is everybody happy? Let's talk about something else.

I think I'm happy. Ok, what do you want to talk about?

BTW, I should mention that I discovered a material typo in my last post
where I incorrectly wrote the P - V relationship for the analogy of an
ideal gas undergoing a quasistatic adiabatic process. I accidently wrote:

... P = (const)*V^[gamma] for such a gas under adiabatic (a
form of non isothermal) conditions. ...

I hope everyone realizes that I meant to write: P = (const)*V^(-[gamma]).
I needed a negative sign in the exponent here ^.

David Bowman
dbowman@gtc.georgetown.ky.us