Re: Favorite Test Questions

--- Tim Folkerts

P.S. Now that we have pretty well squashed this question, the original
request for other favorite questions which test understanding rather
than memorization of formulas still stands.

I don't know if you would count this but:
A test of projectile motion is easily a plug and chug, but I love to make
one subquestion be" What is the acceleration of the ball 2/3 of the way
through the flight."
Some will know it, but too many will try to calculate it, some even
successfully.

I also ask a electrostatics question giving data for the reaction of pith
balls of assorted charge state as they react to a positive charge. I
describe
this data as taken by a student of "moderate" reputation. One observation
is that ball 4
does not show any response to the Positive charge. What is its state of
charge?

I enjoy the ensuing discussions

Ken Fox
Smoky Hill HS