Re: Padded footballers

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Scott johnston wrote:

One of my students wants to find out some details about the level of padding
used on American footballers. She is doing a research study on how impacts
are managed through the use of safety equipment so as to extend the time
duration of impacts and also distribute the force at the point of impact.

There are two medical journals which I aware of which periodically
publish articles on sports equipment design, injury statistics etc.
These are:
The Physician & Sports Medicine
They are on the web at
www.physsportsmed.com
The web site only has the last few issues in electronic form.
The other is
Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise
www.wwilkins.com/MSSE

If you have access to a medical school library you may find these journals
or at least access via interlibrary loan.

Bruce Esser
Physics Teacher Something witty
Marian High School Should go here
http://marian.creighton.edu