Re: math comprehension was:graph interpretation

At 16:42 3/11/98 -0500, Bill Larson wrote:

==>A question on my diagnostic test asks the student to make a reasonable
==>estimate of log (base 10) of 500. Any answer between 2 and 3 is
==>accepted.
Oops! Calculators are allowed. How can I make this undoable
via calculator? (They will convert any other base to
natural logs, so that won't work.)
Bill (Nine more exams to write) Larson

Could try estimating log (base n) of n^n ???

But this loses some of the clarity in the original...

Whatcott Altus OK