Re: "Proper" scientific notation

Donald E. Simanek wrote:

I wish some journal or perhaps the APS would put their journal style
manual on the web. This might have to be done in PDF format, due to the
limitations of HTML. If it were available to students this easily, we
could point them to it and say *that* represents the standards of the
physics profession.

The American Chemical Society puts part of their ACS Style Guide on the
web at http://pubs.acs.org/books/index.html

Chapter 1, "Writing a Scientific Paper," is included on the webpage as
an excerpt from the book. Some of us at my school have discussed making
this or some slight variation the standard form for all lab reports
across the science curriculum. I think that the consistency would be
good for students and would decrease the amount of time required to
teach the students a new format each year for each course.

My $0.02,
Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson "A little song, a little dance,
Henry Sibley High School a little seltzer down your pants."