Re: GRE dates

You can get information about ETS and the GRE and other tests from their
web site at
http://www.ets.org
and on the GRE specifically at
http://www.gre.org/

One of my students has just informed me that the GRE paper tests
(the only way to take the subject tests) are now given only twice
a year, in April and December. Of course the December test occurs
at the worst possible time for students, right before final exams.
I've always counselled students to take the test in October, but
now this seems to be impossible. Does anyone out there have more
information, know why this was done, or have exact dates for when
the test will be given next fall?

Dan Schroeder
dschroeder@cc.weber.edu