Re: Sharing handouts?

I think it's a good idea. One way it might be enhanced is if there were
some central list of websites of members on Phys-l

At 08:28 AM 3/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
Members of phys-L,

In my classes I make extensive use of handouts that I myself have created,
and I am sure many of you do the same. Recently it occurred to me that
these handouts we create for our own classes might also be useful to others
and their classes, if there were a way to share them.

Certainly our handouts contain a goldmine of information: ideas,
explanations, methods of presentation, problems that we have found
particularly effective, .... It might even be that one person's handout
would be useful in another's class, either directly or with some modification.

I would like to know what others think of this idea. The Web offers an
easy way to arrange to share informal materials such as handouts. Those
with materials they are willing to share would post that material in a Web
page, and there would be a master list linking to the individual posts.
Does anyone know if this has been done already? If it has not, I would
appreciate it if those interested in giving it a try would contact me.
Optionally, you may reply off-list, and I will provide a summary of

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

-- David

David Bridges dbridge9@idt.net
Department of Physics BridgeDL@maple.LeMoyne.edu
Le Moyne College, Syracuse, NY