Go figure

Just an anecdote:

On Friday's quiz my 'liberal arts' bunch did VERY well predicting the
relative brightness on one light bulb in parallel with two other bulbs in
series. However, (without calculator) they had mild difficulties with
finding the total resistance of two 10 ohm resistors in series and _extreme_
difficulties with the resistors in parallel (despite having worked with such
combinations in lab the same week).

Last year, my 'science majors' class would have had no trouble with the
series and parallel but much more with the light bulbs.

? Rick