Re: Magnetic field lines like these ?

Please help.

I did not make much progress toward understanding of the interplanetary
magnetic field but I am convinced that Zeilik goofed (Fig 12.9 page 139).
What he calls "magnetic lines of force" are not lines of B. If they were
the Sun would be a magnetic monipole. The spiral lines of Zeilik are, as
shown in other Astronomy textbooks, streams of plasma (solar wind). In
the stellar frame of reference, with respect to which the center of the
rotating Sun is at rest, the ejected solar flares have two components.
One is radial and another is tangential. Due to gravitational attraction
the trajectory of an escaping gas is spiral.

This is clearly explained by James A. Van Alen, the discoverer of famous
plasma belts. He is the author of a chapter "Magnetospheres, Cosmic Rays
and Interpalnetary Medium" in the "New Solar System" book (3 edition, 1990,