Re: new fifth force

At 17:33 2/27/98 -0700, you wrote:

*** Mysterious force pushing universe apart

Understanding the universe, already hard to do, just got a little
harder Thursday with news a strange force seems to be pushing it
apart. The unusual repulsive force seems to be working against
gravity to speed up the expansion of the universe.

I found this news moderately amusing.
It seems we all pay homage to the geometrization of space-time in GR,
but as soon as an anomaly shows, we want to invoke new forces.
How about shaking up Reimann instead?

Whatcott