Re: misconception re ice melting under skates

But people often skate at -10 C and most textbooks say the ice is melting
due to pressure. Try to calculate the pressure needed to lower the
melting point from -10 C and you will see that even a heavy scater on
sharp scates does not generate enough pressure. That why, I think, we
have a textbook misconception. (heavy skater, not scater. this mode of
opertation does not allow me to correct above the current line). It is
a topic worth discussing in connection with the triple point curve.