Re: The good old days

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Lynn Aldrich wrote:

We found the old demonstration slide rule in a storage room last summer and
put it up in the physics lab room. Noone has asked me all year what it is.
Does that mean they don't know what it is or don't want to know what it is!
Lynn Aldrich

My 2.1 meter Pickett slide rule has been mounted in my room for over 30
years. There is nothing to beat it when it comes to showing the
uncertainty of low angle measurements when we do Snell's Law and the
refraction of light.

Lowell Herr