Re: SI units

Chuck Britton says:
The only SI units that are NOT named after people are the second, meter and
kilogram. (I guess this means that the liter and the mol are not truly
correct SI units?)

It just occurred to me: if the basic mass unit in SI is the kilogram,
should we really measure smaller masses in 'millikilograms'?

On a very slightly more serious note, my 1992 CRC gives both the mole and
the candela as SI base units. Is the candela still recognized in 1998?

--
--James McLean
jmclean@chem.ucsd.edu