Re: "Charged" capacitor mis-terminology

Hmmm,

I like all these semantic traps people seem to be building for
themselves..... Let's see I have a time varying current of electrons
flowing into a capacitor. Between the plates I have a time-varying
electric field that I want to call a current (to make the current appear
continuous through the capacitor). The only problem for an old nuclear
physicist like myself is that my current of leptons in the wire suddenly
turned into a current of bosons between the plates. Oh oh....

Mark

from Fullerton, which is pretty close to Disneyland (why do I feel that
I'm in the magic kingdom?)

Dr. Mark H. Shapiro
Physics Department
California State University, Fullerton
P.O. Box 6866
Fullerton, California 92834-6866

Phone: ++ (714) 278-3884 PCS: ++ (714) 350-3575
Fax: ++ (714) 278-5810
e-mail: mshapiro@fullerton.edu